A well-funded and exciting start-up, specialising in delivering geolocational analytics solutions to several clients across the Retail and Real Estate sectors. With their product already a revenue-making tool, they have ambitious growth targets to become a dominant player within this field and with that, aim to build capabilities in new countries and sectors over the coming years.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading the development of the product as it enters into new geographies to ensure the product-market fit is maximised across countries such as; South Africa, USA and UK. Using human mobility data you will be advising clients on a range of different business questions, from how much footfall does a shopping centre achieve to understanding how people move around specific cities.
With plans in place to build out the technology team in the next 12 months, this undoubtedly provides a fantastic opportunity for a well-established Data Scientist to move into a lead role.
The successful candidate is likely to have
- A strong academic background, preferably in a STEM-based subject
- Expert knowledge of KDB+ and Q
- Used Python and SQL extensively in a professional setting
- Proven Data Science experience; Machine Learning and Text Analytics
- An appetite to become a technical team lead
- A grounding within location-based analytics
Job Owner: t.stillwell