A highly successful global start-up within the desirable FinTech space who are on a superhero mission – to fight fraud and financial crime through the use of AI. As a result of their unique approach and high quality work, they have grown to an organisation of over 300 people and partner with the likes of KPMG, the UK government (and more) to pioneer the fight against financial crime.
This continued growth has allowed them to expand globally and they now have several offices scattered across the globe in countries such as Singapore and the United States.
This role will offer you the opportunity to join their highly coveted data engineering team who are currently around 30 strong. With unparalleled in-house and on-the-job training, you’ll become an expert in the field and be given access to cutting edge technologies while also having the opportunity to make sideward steps into other specialisms.
What can I expect to be working on?
- Development of ETL pipelines
- Entity Extraction and resolution
- Cleansing, standardising and parsing data
- Extensive experience in an object orientated programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python, R or Scala (confident enough in your own skills to undertake a coding assignment)
- A strong academic background with a Quantitative/STEM degree
- Demonstrable experience developing ETL pipelines
- A desire and willingness to learn to code in Spark/Scala
- We don’t like to put too much emphasis on "years of experience" but this opportunity would suit a junior candidate who has already gained some commercial experience within a traditional data engineering position
- Unfortunately this opportunity would not suit a fresh graduate
Nice to have but definitely not essential
- Experience in a relevant sector either within Fraud detection or entity resolution
- Experience in the Scala coding language
- Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop or Elasticsearch would be beneficial
What’s in it for me?
- A great company culture with a glass door rating of 4.85 from dozens of reviewers
- Flexible working
- Relocation support down the line to any of their global office locations
- Competitive Salary of up to £50k + 10% bonus
- Hybrid working with a Central London office location
Regrettably, this client is unable to offer Visa sponsorship
Job Owner: d.prosser