It can be difficult to find traditional companies where data is truly at the heart of decision making, which is why this genuinely innovative and established organisation are ahead of their competition. One of the largest online ecommerce retailers who are heavily investing into continuously growing their already established data function are looking to take on a Junior Data Engineer.
Sustainability is at the heart of everything this organisation does with a strong focus on four core areas, food waste, packaging waste, responsible impact and carbon impact. They have been immensely successful but are constantly striving to be better. With less than 0.05% of their food being "wasted". Even this waste is sent to be converted into energy so you’ll know that you’re working for a company who are working to be part of the solution to food waste, not the problem.
You’ll join an established data engineering team, specifically focused on the operations side of their business, working alongside follow members to help manage data operations for their enterprise data warehouse and data marts. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility from day one while also receiving structured and effective training from the offset.
Aspiring to make data engineering as efficient as possible and championing data quality improvement will be your focus while also integrating new data pipelines into platforms.
What Are We Looking For?
- Relevant education, either in the form of a degree in a relevant or STEM subject or a GCP Cloud Operations Certification
- Experience working in a Cloud based environment, specifically GCP is a must-have
- A strong technical grounding and confidence in several tools/technologies such as SQL, Python and Cloud DataFlow
Desired but definitely not essential
- Experience in a retail/FMCG/Ecommerce environment
What’s In It For Me?
- 26 days annual leave + public holiday
- Competitive salary of up to £45K + 10% bonus which has been fully achieved for 3 years running
- 15-25% company discounts
- Private medical insurance and income protection
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Hybrid working model and trust based flexible hours
Regrettably, this client is unable to offer Visa sponsorship
Job Owner: d.prosser