Luxury retail department store in London, known for it’s extravagance in both clothing and home furnishing where the latest fashions sit alongside design classics. Over the last few years data has become increasingly more central in driving this recognised brand forward, and with the strategic plans in place in the near future there are no signs of this stopping.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for assisting this organisation in their ongoing migration project from traditional data warehousing techniques (SQL databases) to the cloud, where they will be utilising the data infrastructure in the Azure technology stack for all things data. In addition to this, you will own the fundamental process of capturing, storing and processing data whilst recommending the future vision for the IT environment.
Expect to be part of a forward thinking analytics team who hold innovation at the forefront of what they do, emphasised by using the latest of technologies such as U-SQL which is designed specifically to use alongside Microsoft Azure. If management is also on your mind this opportunity will allow for this, and in time you will be able to combine technical work with leadership which will take your career to that next level.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Stellar academic record, ideally in a STEM based degree.
- Technical expertise in SQL, Python, C#, C++, Java and cloud based analytics.
- Demonstrable experience in creating ETL data pipelines and using API’s.
- Strong communication skills, capable of managing a small team in time.
- A real interest in the retail sector, previous experience beneficial.
Job Owner: d.prosser