A household name and one of the largest leisure, travel and tourism companies who have been serving families and travellers for over 30 years. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and currently experiencing an immense growth period, they are looking for yet another commercial analyst to join their growing data team.
With a continued growing concern for the current global climate crisis, sustainability is now at the top of this organisations priority lists and they are making significant changes towards becoming a more socially responsible company. Here’s a snapshot of what they’re doing to reduce their carbon footprint and be better to the planet.
- 260 million pieces of single-use plastics have been removed across all sectors of their business
- Investing in adding more efficient aircraft to their fleet. Currently they are favouring the Boeing 737 MAX and 787 Dreamliner which are significantly more fuel efficient and create less noise pollution than other jets
- Pioneering investment into the research and development of more sustainable aviation fuel
- Running projects around the world in habitat protection, plastic reduction and more
As a commercial analytics consultant, you’ll be working across a range of different internal divisions specialising within the commercial space in the company. You’ll be part of a good sized team, working together to uncover complex problems and deliver innovative and data driven solutions to them. You’ll have the opportunity to work on all stages of the development cycle from idea generation all the way through to implementation and continued support.
This is a very rare opportunity to get your foot in the door within the data space as there are no set requirements in terms of technical or programming experience. As long as you have worked in an analytical capacity and can demonstrate your ability quickly pick up new skills then, this is your chance to gain commercial experience with tools/languages such as Tableau, SQL, Python, Cloud Platforms and more!
We don’t usually like to put too much emphasis on "years of experience" however, this is a junior level position and would suit an Analytics professional looking for their second role out of university.
- Exceptional academic background with a strong STEM/Quantitative degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset
Desired but definitely not essential
- Commercial experience within a relevant industry i.e. travel, leisure, tourism, hospitality etc.
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, Tableau or any other industry recognised analytical tools
- Experience managing and presenting to stakeholders both internally or externally or bth
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be given the autonomy to work fully flexibly, want to go into the office 5 days a week? Sure! Rather work from home? Also fine!
- The opportunity to be upskilled in the most industry recognised tech including SQL, Tableau, Python and more!
- Several benefits including a considerable discounts on holidays and travel
- A competitive salary of up to £40K
Regrettably, this client is unable to offer Visa sponsorship
Job Owner: d.prosser